Activity: Draw Your Initials
1. Before you start, plan out your drawing. Here we plan a letter G.
- What color do you want to use? If you want red:
- What direction should the turtle point? Turn a bit left:
2. Draw the first line. If it is a curve, think about:
- Does the arc curve left or right? We use "lt" to curve left.
- How much of a circle do we want? We use 240 degrees.
- How big should the circle be? We pick 50 pixels as the radius.
3. Turn and then draw the next line.
- Remember to turn the turtle to point it the way you want.
- Experiment with sizes until the line is the length you want.
- Keep adding lines until your initial is finished.
- You can use "pen null" to turn off the pen.